We are on the road this week, so here is an old but good post from years ago, enjoy!
1. When wearing another bands t-shirt, try to keep the same genre or influence.
ex. a) David Bowie @ NIN
ex. b) Placebo @ Futureheads
2. The ironic concert t-shirt is the big exception. if you wear a Culture Club or Michael Bolton t-shirt to a Cure show you will get many compliments.
3. There is a sliding scale of the obscurity of the band vs. the genre.
for example: A Tapes ‘n Tapes shirt could be worn to any rock show.
4. When wearing a old concert t-shirt to a newer tour by the same band, it is prefered to wait at least eight years. too soon will show you to be lame, but to follow this guide will give you street cred as a long time fan.
~It should also be noted that a shirt purchased off EBay can break this rule, therefore a stain or hole of some sort is required. (YANP Matt)
5. It is also a violation to wear any shirt of any band members former band or side project to the current incarnation of that band members show.
6. It is a violation to wear the shirt you just bought at that same concert. Especially when it is over whatever you had on before.
7. You may not wear a new concert t-shirt for 2 weeks (especially the next day)
~The exception to this is when you saw a show out of town and wear the shirt at home the next day.
8. It is a violation to wear a concert t-shirt you purchased from the band at a second show on the same tour.
9. No Beatles, Bob Marley or Jimi Hendrix t-shirts, unless you actually went to one of their concerts.
10. It is a violation to wear a concert t-shirt that has been signed by any member of the band.
I hope you find these as funny as I do, id love to have your additions in the comments…..
Sorry, comments are closed.